When are you resuming operations?
- We shall resume flights to Mombasa, Diani (Ukunda), Kisumu, Malindi and Eldoret on 15th July 2020.
How do I stay informed on the changes Jambojet is making?
- We constantly update all new information on our website and social media channels. Please visit the Covid-19 Updates page on our website, or @FlyJambojet on Facebook or Twitter for the latest information.
I don’t know when I want to rebook my flight. What do I do?
- All bookings are credited and valid for travel within 12 months from the time of cancellation. In the event you do not wish to travel, you can nominate someone to use the said credit within this period by writing an e-mail to email@example.com
Will Jambojet refund travel disrupted by the coronavirus?
- For purposes of business continuity and to safeguard the client and business alike, we shall offer cancellation at no extra charge and credit note to be used up to 12 months from the date of booking cancellation.
When will I get my refund since I’m not planning to fly with Jambojet anytime soon?
- All bookings are credited and valid for travel within 12 months from the time of cancellation. In the event you do not wish to travel, you can nominate someone to use the said credit within this period by writing an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if my ticket is expiring soon, can I still change to a later date?
- We have adopted flexible ticket change policies for flyers concerned about potential changes to their plans due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Contact customer service for more info here.
Does your airline already have precautionary policies in place?
- Our primary concern is always the health and safety of our guests and employees. We have put in place a raft of measures throughout the customer touch points including at check in, gate, and while on board. More information about the measures we’re taking can be found here.
Are you doing anything special to prevent the spread of the virus?
- We remain committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees and customers from the moment they arrive at the airport to the time they land at their destination. Once we resume operations, we will ensure that we continue to follow the set guidelines by the Ministry of Health, WHO, IATA and other relevant bodies.
What is Jambojet doing in order to limit queues and crowds?
- We encourage all our customers to book and check-in online at jambojet.com to avoid queues at the airport. In addition, the Kenya Airports Authority has put in measures to ensure social distancing at the security screening area, check in desks and in the waiting lounges.
How do you keep the cabin air clean?
- All our aircraft are fitted with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration systems that refresh the cabin air every three minutes. This ensures the air in the cabin remains fresh and clean.
Are face masks being offered in the aircraft?
- It is a requirement by the Government of Kenya to have a face mask at all times when they are in public places. We encourage all customers to make arrangements for their own face masks ahead of their flight. However, in the unlikely event that a customer doesn’t have one, we shall provide you with one at a fee of Kshs 250.
How do I know that your aircraft cabins are safe from COVID-19?
- As an additional safety precaution, we ensure thorough sanitization of all aircraft with industry approved detergent before and after each flight, paying extra attention to all touch prone areas.
How will you ensure social distance is maintained on board?
- Aviation is a highly regulated industry and discussions are ongoing on whether it is feasible to maintain social distance onboard, especially after putting in place all the pre-flight safety protocols. Additionally, the HEPA filters in the cabin helps keep the air clean by refreshing the air every three minutes. Jambojet will therefore follow the guidelines set by the regulators and the Government on this matter.
Can customers bring hand sanitizers onboard your aircraft when traveling?
- Yes. Customers can carry up to 250ml hand sanitizer. However, all other carry on liquids should not exceed 100ml as per the industry guidelines, otherwise the liquid can only go as checked luggage in the aircraft hold.
Is Jambojet recommending any specific actions to customers?
- We recommend that you stay safe, wash hands regularly with hand sanitizers or clean running water, wear your face mask at all times when in public, minimize contact with people while boarding/disembarking aircraft, and above all book and check-in online to avoid queues at the airport.
How is Jambojet protecting its employees and guests against COVID-19 at the airport and in flight?
- There are screens installed between all customer facing staff and customers. Jambojet will also provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) for its staff. Additionally, there are mandatory temperature checks, hand sanitizers at each touch point, and all customers and staff will be required to wear face masks at all times.
What is JKIA and other Airports doing about COVID-19?
- The Kenya Airports Authority has implemented safety measures in line with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health, WHO, IATA and other relevant bodies. For more information visit kaa.go.ke
What happens if you suspect a Covid-19 case on board?
- The Crew are well trained to handle any communicable diseases on board, Covid-19 being one of them. We have a care kit on all flights that will be used by the crew in case they come across a suspected case. Any passenger displaying symptoms associated with COVID-19 will be isolated and the crew will wear full PPE to minimize spread when handling the suspected case. The suspected case will then be handed over to Port Health upon landing. All passengers on the flight will be required to self-isolate for 14 days as per MOH requirement.