Are you looking for a rewarding career, a dynamic working environment that is both challenging and fun? Then Jambojet is definitely an employer you should consider.
Jambojet, Kenya’s first low cost carrier, is a fun no frills airline that has changed Kenya's aviation landscape. With flights to Eldoret, Kisumu, Malindi, Mombasa, Ukunda, and our first regional destination Entebbe, all from Nairobi. Jambojet endeavours to deliver the most affordable and convenient domestic air travel option open for all to fly.
From the cockpit and cabin to commercial, we want a team that is quick-thinking, fast-acting and hard-working. We want talented people who love a challenge, like to get stuck in and who hate dither. We want people who not only work well with others but are able to work on their own initiative too. A bit of enthusiasm goes a long way!
We firmly believe in rewarding our people for their effort and we do our best to incentivize work wherever we can so that you can perform better. Here you'll get a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and fantastic opportunities to move up within Jambojet if you work hard and impress.
Before you start, there are a few things we need from you. You must have a good grasp of English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken, valid ID and/or passport and a reasonable level of computer literacy. If you have all of this, as well as the energy and drive to throw yourself into your job with enthusiasm, then check out our current vacancies and apply now by sending your CV to the email address provided at the bottom of every job description.
Please note the following:
Thank you for your interest in working with Jambojet. We hope to see you aboard soon!
Jambojet Recruitment Team
Location: Embakasi, Nairobi
Reports to: Head of Maintenance/ Head of People & Culture
Role Purpose: The Maintenance Training Lead instills disciplined maintenance practices within the section for safe and reliable operations. He/she ensures competency based skills development through closely monitoring, planning and reviewing Jambojet OJT, examinations and skill test questions. These must meet the KCARS, IOSA and all other relevant regulators requirements for maintenance personnel licensing and progressive certification approval levels within the organization.
▪ Validates new hire required licenses and certifications
▪ Completes training needs assessment to develop individualized training programs in alignment with Jambojet maintenance function needs
▪ Schedules and coordinates in-house and/or third-party training
▪ Issues routine monthly, quarterly and annual progress and activity reports Maintains and updates the curriculum database and records
▪ Ensures training documentation retention adheres to Maintenance Control Manual
▪ Initiates internal audits of records to monitor and evaluate the needs of recurrent training
▪ Represents the training processes and programs during audits, reliability discussions and technical steering committee meetings
▪ Regularly audit logging of tasks in Maintenance/ Technician log books
▪ Initiates and facilitates performance reviews as per program(s)
▪ Updates and reviews the question in the JM question banks to meet the KCAR requirements. Ensure safe and proper handling of the question banks. Ensures re-sit of examinations are done within allocated time and discrepancies handled in a professional manner to conclusion.
▪ Reviews processes and procedures as necessary to conform and improve Jambojet requirements
▪ Recommends readiness for career progression based on acquired practical skills and written evaluation examination performance
▪ Ensure smooth functioning of practical training during basic Aircraft Maintenance training modules and after completion of type training up to 'C' ratings
▪ Ability to perform other tasks as needed and assigned
▪ Exceptional customer service and communication skills
▪ Ability to understand typical database systems
▪ Sound organizational skills that require follow-up and follow-through
▪ A high degree of attention and respect for time-sensitive responsibilities and obligations
▪ Strong self-sufficiency
▪ Ability to manage multiple projects and dead lines
▪ Microsoft Office proficiency
▪ Ability to work long hours and in shifts
Education and Experience:
▪ Engineering related Diploma OR 1st Degree with minimum 10 years’ experience as certifying license engineer in Line and Base Maintenance
▪ Must be a holder of valid LWTR
▪ Vast knowledge on KCAA skill test process for license examination
▪ Knowledge on Q400 is an added advantage
If you meet the above requirements, kindly forward applications to email@example.com for consideration, by January 20th, 2020. Kindly site Ref. VAC01/01/20 as the email subject header.