Jambojet will request you to provide a medical certificate if:
- you need oxygen during the flight (the medical certificate should also specify the number of litres of oxygen per minute that is required).
- you travel with a Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC)
- you want to take medical luggage with you (maximum weight: 15 kilograms)
- you are pregnant and there are complications in your pregnancy
- you or your child suffers from a contagious disease (such as chicken pox). The medical certificate should state that the disease is no longer contagious
- you have had a medical operation within 8 days prior to departure
- you have a body part in a closed plaster cast. The medical certificate should state that you are fit to fly with closed plaster cast. If you do not have this medical certificate, you have to ensure that the plaster cast is sawn through across its entire length, otherwise you will not be accepted on the flight.
Please note the following:
- A medical statement issued by an (independent) physician should state that you will not suffer any detrimental effects from travelling in a pressurized cabin or that you will need to travel with medical luggage.
- The medical certificate needs to be in English.
- The medical certificate needs the physician's signature. The certificate may be issued no more than 7 days before the departure of your outbound flight.
N/B: All medical certificates must be submitted in advance for verification by our own doctors. This service will attract an additional cost.
Because travelling in a pressurized cabin could cause some medical conditions to exacerbate, we advise you to ask a physician for a medical statement if you have an ear infection or fever.
Download the medical form here.
For more information please contact us here.